Team members of The Strongest Oak Foundation have received the following recognition for their past projects:
- YMCA Peace Medal (2012): TSO awarded the Calgary YMCA Peach Medal in the Internation Group category. YMCA referred to TSO as “a living example of peace in the midst of conflict.”
- Tech Museum Awards (2007): Wills and Rickard named Laureates in the Microsoft Education category
- Stockholm Challenge Award (2008): Wills and Rickard named Finalist in the Education category
- Fast Company (2007): Wills named one of the magazine’s “Fast 50… a global search for people doing extraordinary things”
- iNACOL: Fire and Ice (co-founded by Wills and Rickard) named 2009 Best and Most Innovative Online Learning Program.
- InterAction Magazine (2008): Elluminate (via Fire and Ice) named one of the Top 10 Best Corporations in Global Development